Sunday 22 March 2009

There is no place like home, but having a piece of it come to you is the next best thing!

Dorothy said there is no place like home but when living as an expat so far away from family and friends sometimes you need a little bit of home to come to you. My brother is currently in the air enduring the long flight from Pennsylvania to Hong Kong and I can't wait to pick him up at the airport tonight. He will be the first family member to visit us and I am so looking forward to showing him our new life and this amazing city that I have fallen in love with over the past year. The nice things about having visitors is that you get to see Hong Kong through a fresh pair of eyes again. Now that I am settled into my own routine here I often find myself racing from one thing to the next and I forget to slow down and really appreciate all the wonderful things Hong Kong has to offer. This week I plan to slow down and take everything in as if it were my first time seeing it. Then on the weekend I can speed up my life again as we get ready for the Rugby Sevens. With my brother being a rugby fan, I am still wondering if the purpose of this trip is to visit me or just to party it up at the Sevens! Oh well, I will take a piece of home however I can get it these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you - please leave us a comment!